Hello everyone, hope you people are doing great in your life.
And if you are not, I hope your problems get resolved soon.
As you all (of our fans) know that we, Hi10anime, provides you anime with very good quality in lower size through hosting the files on our dedicated server so that you people can download things with no difficulty; it also saves you and us from the worry of 'deletion' of (old) files which is mostly the case for 'other' file hosting services. But everything comes at a cost, and in this case it's our server.
It's been a part of history that we haven't been able to get much donation usually; even now, for past half year or so, we are getting very meager donation.
Hi10anime needs €180 every month to sustain its servers. (Web server and DL server.)
Hi10anime gets €20-40 worth of donation usually and sometimes even lesser than that.
Hi10anime gets €8-15 / month through ads.
The rest of the €110-140 is usually paid by our staff (mostly and pretty much every time by 'zet').
For the past month or two, he'd to pay even more than that. I mean it would've been 'just nice' if it were a one time thing, but he's paying ~€140 from his pocket every month. So think carefully that even though we are awesome, we do get troubles every once in a while and every time when it's about money.
Now here are some serious problems:
- Hi10anime is expanding more and more resulting in 'need of more server space' which will require to pay more than what we are already paying.
- Hi10anime is left with ~13 GB server space currently. (4TB server space overall, for your information.)
- We are getting almost no donation as compared to our target. (€180 / month)
Anyway... we first decided to delete duplicate stuff from the server, then we decided to delete the very large files that could have been encoded in a bit more small size (by OC'ing or good encoding sense etc.) Even all that didn't help much; now we are pretty much out of options. Either we get more space by upgrading our server or we start deleting stuff from the server as we go forward. Deleting stuff is pretty hazardous, esp. for us. We know how much time we have dedicated to encode for Hi10 and I know how much I have done for encoding BD 1080p series / movies and whatnot for Hi10; deleting that would be very harsh and maybe fatal for future growth of Hi10.
So it comes down to this:
- We "really" want to go with the option of 'getting more server space', but it strictly depends upon the 'donations' we get.
- We can get 2TB more space with the addition of ~€20 every month. Assuming that we go for this option, Hi10 donation target will get to: ~€200 / month.
I think I should make it a bit logical.
- Hi10anime gets ~8000 visitors (stat report by wordpress). But let's be pessimistic and say we get ~3000 visitors. And let's be more pessimistic and say that 90% of our visitors can't pay. Meaning 10% of our visitors can pay. 10% of 3000 is: 300. Meaning if even 300 (out of 8000) visitors pay even $1, we can get $300 worth of donation. (Since it's only 1$, it doesn't matter whether you're a student or not.) So whenever you browse this site, please make sure to skim through donation section and see how's Hi10 doing financially. Just a little push can solve a lot of problems.
"DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ADDITION".
For a single individual it might be just $1, but once it gets added to all the donation overall, it's more than enough for us. It's the scarce of donation that's forcing us to use ads and other stuff; if we get enough donations, we might not even use ads. After all, no one loves ads. We also realize that the speed of DL server is not that fast, but again since we get no money we can't upgrade the server to get faster DL speed. It all comes down to the money we get from the people.
So we would really appreciate if you could consider to 'donate'.
Just to be clear; I'll summarize the situation.
- It would be very helpful if people start donating us otherwise we are left with no other option but to delete even 'good' stuff from the server to make up for the space.
One last personal request:
Don't argue about other file hosting services; we know about their advantages and disadvantages already. You are free to make queries if it's related to 'helping Hi10' or 'donating to Hi10'.